By: Remmy Raccuia
While spending this past semester studying abroad in Rome, I adjusted to an almost all-carb diet. Upon returning home, I have been searching for healthier alternatives for my favorite Italian foods.
Introducing naan pizza! I’ve attempted normal pizza nights during quarantine, yet I never got the dough crispy enough to meet my expectations. However, with naan pizza I am able to achieve a crispy crust that exceeds my expectations. Naan has more grams of protein per serving than your traditional pizza dough keeping you fuller and satisfied for longer. This recipe makes for a fun night with friends or family and allows you to completely customize a delicious pizza!
- 1 naan flatbread
- Olive Oil
- Pizza sauce (I love Rao’s)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice! (my favorites are spinach, mushrooms, and pepperoni)
- Start by preheating the oven to 425°.
- Pre-bake the naan for 5 minutes before adding any toppings.
- After the pre-bake, add olive oil and garlic across the entire piece of naan. After this, add pizza sauce, cheese, and any other toppings!
- Place topped pizza in the oven for 5-8 minutes
- Once the crust is crispy enough, let the pizza cool for a couple minutes and enjoy!