By: Remy Raccuia
Serves: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
I have been loving making all different types of bowls for dinner. It allows me to pack lots of veggies and healthy ingredients into one meal, yet also keeps dinner exciting. My personal favorite bowl I’ve been making has been Greek-inspired bowls. I’m currently obsessed with beet hummus (you must try!!), so I love finding a way to incorporate it into my meals. Beets are a great source of fiber and are anti-inflammatory. Anti-inflammatory foods help to reduce heart disease and chronic inflammation. Beets are also a great source of Vitamin C, which is essential right now (Robbins, 2019). This meal is also great to make with your roommates or family members because each person can customize their bowl to their personal preferences. Besides beet hummus, my other secret to these bowls is Right Rice. I discovered this brand of rice a couple months ago and ever since it is a pantry staple. Right Rice has 6 grams more protein than white rice, and 5 grams of fiber. It has 36% fewer carbs and packed with vegetables (Right, 2020).
- 1 bag of original Right Rice
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- ½ of a cucumber
- About a dozen cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- 1 avocado
- Spoonful of beet hummus
- Spoonful of taziki
- 2 tablespoons greek vinaigrette
- Pita slices (optional)
- Start by bringing 1⅓ cup of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiled, turn off the heat, add 1 bag of Right Rice and cover for 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, wash the lettuce (important!), begin to chop and add to a large bowl.
- Continue to cut the cherry tomatoes, avocado, and cucumber, adding to the bowl when complete.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the salad and toss thoroughly.
- Once 10 minutes is up, fluff the rice with a fork. Begin assembling the bowls, starting with a rice base.
- Add the salad mixture until the bowl is filled. Make sure to add a spoonful of hummus, tzatziki, and dressing for optimal flavor.
- Lastly, cut up a few pita slices and enjoy!
2020. Right Rice Product Information. Right Rice. Retrieved on August 20 from https://www.rightrice.com/faqs. Robbins, Ocean (2019). 10 Healthy Reasons to Brighten Your Meals with Beets. Food Revolution Network. Retrieved on August 20 from https://foodrevolution.org/blog/benefits-of-beets/