By: Katie Abramowitz
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Calling all peanut butter lovers—this is a quick and easy morning treat! Make it the night before and grab it on your way out the door in the morning. Packed with fiber (Shaw, 2017) and protein (Gunnars, 2018), this breakfast combination will keep you full all morning! Stores well in the fridge if you’d like to double (or triple) the recipe and make a few days worth of breakfast all at once. Delicious with or without toppings!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Banana (Best very ripe and a bit brown on the outside)
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Drop of Vanilla Extract
- ½ to 1 spoonful of Peanut Butter (or more, if you’d like!)
- Mash up the banana with a fork in a bowl until it is smooth and without chunks.
- Pour in the oats (uncooked) and almond milk. Mix well.
- Mix in the peanut butter.
- Add in cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is smooth and the oats are completely soaked in the almond milk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge. Wait 6+ hours (I recommend making it the night before!)
- Add desired toppings (berries, granola) and enjoy!
Gunnars, K. (2018, April 30). Is Peanut Butter Good or Bad for Your Health? Retrieved July 23, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/is-peanut-butter-bad-for-you
Shaw, G. (2017, February 02). The ultimate high-fiber grocery list. Retrieved July 23, 2020, from https://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/fiber-groceries