By: Remy Raccuia
Serves: One dozen
Prep Time: 40 minutes
I tried raspberry muffins for the first time only a couple weeks ago and instantly deemed it my new favorite treat. After trying out different recipes and substituting different things, I have decided this is my version of perfect! I chose to divide the recipe in half in order to make multiple kinds, but you can stick to just one berry or substitute for any seasonal fruit! I am not allergic to dairy, but find so many benefits to reducing my dairy intake. One of the major benefits, for me personally, is digestion. Dairy-alternatives help to reduce bloating and stomach pain (Marengo, 2019). In general, reducing dairy also helps reduce acne (Usher, 2018).
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk (or any milk-alternative)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Sprinkle of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Start by whisking together the flour and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside when done.
- In a large bowl, begin to beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla until the batter is smooth throughout.
- Once the batter is smooth, add the flour mixture in 3 parts, beating in between each addition.
- Separate the batter into two equal portions and measure out one cup of raspberries and one cup of blueberries.
- Fold raspberries into one bowl, and blueberries into another.
- Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins, the recipe should yield about one dozen total.
- Sprinkle white & brown sugar on top of each muffin in order for a sweet & crispy muffin top.
- Place the muffins into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Marengo, Katherine (2019). 5 Reasons I Went Dairy-Free — And the 7-Day Meal Plan That Helped Me Do It. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/no-dairy-diet#1
Usher, Cara (2018). Benefits of Going Dairy-Free. Fresh Lean. https://www.freshnlean.com/blog/real-reasons-part-2-going-dairy-free/