By: Remy Raccuia
Prep Time: 10 minutes`
Throwing together a salad is a quick way to make a healthy weekday side. In order to do this, I like to add cheese, seasonal fruit, or something sweet, and sometimes even all three! This summer I have been loving this goat cheese salad with a lemon vinaigrette – it is so bright and refreshing, just like the season.
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of candied pecans
- Handful of craisins
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Pinch of garlic salt and black pepper
- Start by washing the romaine and then begin chopping.
- Add the chopped lettuce to a large salad bowl and begin adding the goat cheese, tomatoes, pecans & craisins.
- Set the bowl aside and begin juicing the two lemons into a small bowl.
- Once the lemons are juiced, whisk in dijon mustard and olive oil until all three ingredients have mixed together smoothly.
- Add garlic salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing into the large salad bowl and toss until fully dressed.