By: Lily Gravitz
Prep Time: 30 minutes (but marinate overnight)
One of my favorite Asian fusion restaurants makes an incredible Miso Cod. This dish is definitely a treat or special occasion meal; because it has been difficult to eat at restaurants during COVID-19, I instead brought the dish to my kitchen. I have adapted this recipe with ingredients easily found at the grocery store and without spending tons of money. Cod is a healthy white fish, as it is a low-fat source of protein and rich in phosphorus, selenium, and Omega 3s which you must get from food because your body does not make it naturally. (Medical News Today).
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons white miso paste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pieces of black cod
- Add the rice wine vinegar, white miso paste, and sugar together in a saucepan on medium heat. Combine until the sugar has dissolved and cool.
- Once cooled, add the cod to the bowl and marinate overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 400. Once the cod has marinated, add to a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Once the fish has a nice sear, transfer to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with some rice and greens for a complete meal. Enjoy!
What to Know About Cod. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324741.