By: Neda Shahriari
Serving Size: 1
Prep Time: 30 min
We all get a sweet tooth craving every once in a while. This recipe is an easy way to satisfy that craving with just a few, simple ingredients while keeping things relatively healthy. The key ingredient in this recipe is avocado. Avocados not only add creaminess to help you attain the perfect mousse texture, but they also provide numerous health benefits. Avocados are rich in multiple vitamins including thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. These vitamins help our bodies convert food into energy to keep us going throughout the day (WebMD). Adding fruits like bananas and strawberries, incorporates a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber into your diet (Butler, 2019).
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp any kind of milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Topped with: 1 strawberry, honey, ½ banana, dark chocolate chips, and chia seeds
- Combine the above ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Place the blend in a plastic bag.
- Place the bag in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Cut a corner of the bag and squeeze into a bowl.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Health Benefits of Avocados. (n.d.). Retrieved November 05, 2020, from https://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-avocados-health-benefits
Top 12 Healthy Fruits. (2019). Retrieved November 27, 3030, from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324431#:~:text=Fruits%20are%20an%20excellent%20source,cancer%2C%20inflammation%2C%20and%20diabetes.