By: Remy Raccuia
Prep time: 2+ hours
Peanut Butter & Berries – my favorite combination of all time! Combine PB&B with chia pudding, and you have yourself a delicious treat. Once the pudding is set up, you can go wild with any variety of toppings you like! Besides being delicious, this pudding reaps health benefits that make it well worth the wait. Chia seeds are extremely high in fiber which aid our digestive systems and could aid in disease prevention (Ullah et al., 2015). They are also a great source of protein and calcium, two important components of our diets.
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon agave (or any sweetener you prefer)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Handful of your favorite berries
- Start by adding the chia seeds and almond milk into a jar and stir thoroughly to ensure all chia seeds are mixed in with the almond milk.
- Next, add agave and vanilla, making sure to stir throughout so the pudding is evenly combined.
- Put the chia mixture into the fridge for at least two hours in order to have the ‘pudding’ consistency. Chia pudding can be left in the fridge overnight, making for the perfect meal-prepped breakfast!
- Once the chia pudding has set, layer the berries, sprinkle some chocolate chips, drizzle some peanut butter and enjoy!
Ullah, R., Nadeem, M., Khalique, A., Imran, M., Mehmood, S., Javid, A., & Hussain, J. (2016). Nutritional and therapeutic perspectives of Chia (Salvia hispanica L.): a review. Journal of food science and technology, 53(4), 1750–1758.