By: Remy Raccuia
Prep Time: 15 minutes
I am obsessed with spicy foods, so I love to add spice to everything – even my greens! I have used this sauce recipe for many different veggies, but green beans have proven to be my favorite. Green beans contain about 20% of the daily requirement for Vitamin K. Vitamin K promotes strong and healthy bones (Ware, 2018). In addition, green beans contain Vitamin C and Vitamin A; both C & A help to maintain a healthy immune system (McDermott, 2017).
- 1 bag green beans
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Start by steaming the green beans in the microwave for 7 minutes.
- After steaming, add green beans into a large skillet with olive oil and garlic.
- Add soy sauce and teriyaki sauce to the skillet and cover until green beans start to brown.
- Remove from heat, and add garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
- Serve this as a side with a yummy dinner!
McDermott, Annette. (2017). Green Beans: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits. Healthline. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/green-beans
Ware, Megan RDN, L.D. (2018). Everything you need to know about green beans. Medical News Today. Retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/285753?c=671179145927