By: Neda Shahriari
Serving size: 2
Prep time: 10 minutes
These eggplant chips are a quick and easy snack to make and enjoy with family and friends. Eggplants are a great source of vitamins and minerals. Raw eggplants contain carbohydrates, fiber, protein, and vitamins, compared to regular potato chips which are very high in fat and have very few health benefits (Link, 2017). Eggplants also aid in digestion because they contain fiber, which improves our gastrointestinal health (Diamond, 2018). Whenever I feel like eating an entire bag of classic potato chips, I remember that this snack is an easy way to give my body nutrients while also satisfying my cravings.
- 1 purple eggplant
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Cut the eggplant into thin slices.
- Drizzle about 1 tbsp of olive oil on the slices.
- Season with 2 cloves of minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the slices out on a baking sheet.
- Place the slices in the oven for about 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from the oven, add more salt if you like, and serve. Enjoy!
Link, R. (2017, June 30). 7 Surprising Health Benefits of Eggplants. Retrieved December 20, 2020, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/eggplant-benefits
Diamond, W. (2018, February 15). 7 Surprising Health Benefits of Eating Eggplant. Retrieved December 20, 2020, from https://www.doublediamondacres.com/2018/02/15/7-surprising-health-benefits-of-eating-eggplant/