By: Neda Shahriari
Serving size: 1
Prep time: 30 minutes
Patagonian toothfish, also known as Chilean sea bass is known for its buttery and fresh taste. Health benefits of this fish consist of being high in protein (Vaughan, 2019). Protein is important in helping our bodies work the way they should and is anessential building block for our muscles (Gunnars, 2019). This is why some people drink a protein shake or prioritize consuming a lot of protein after working out, because the protein helps build and strengthen our muscles.
- Chilean sea bass
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Coat the fish in 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the fish to a hot pan and cook for about 7 minutes on each side on medium to high heat.
- After searing the fish for about 7 minutes on each side, turn the heat to low.
- Add a tbsp of butter and 1 garlic clove.
- Baste the fish for about 3 minutes, remove from heat and enjoy!
What You Need To Know About Chilean Sea Bass. (2019). Retrieved January 17th, 2021, from https://www.marthastewart.com/1542327/chilean-sea-bass-sustainability-nutrition-alternatives
10 Science-Backed Reasons To Eat More Protein. (2019). Retrieved January 20th, 2021, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-reasons-to-eat-more-protein