By: Neda Shahriari
Serving size: 1
Prep time: 10 minutes
If you ever find yourself looking for new ways to spice up your toast, try adding some flavorful toppings such as pickled onions and goat cheese. The two flavors compliment each other perfectly and make for a delicious meal. Along with the sweet and tangy flavors, this toast comes with some health benefits. Avocado, being the base of this toast, has a lot of nutritional value. Avocados provide multiple vitamins including thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. These vitamins help our bodies convert food into energy so we can keep moving throughout the day (WebMD). Goat cheese is also a great addition to this avocado toast, bringing other health benefits to the table. Goat cheese is made from goat’s milk and contains different fats that can have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects (Kubala, 2018).
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp goat cheese
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- Pickled onions
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
- Toast a piece of bread to your liking.
- Add one half of an avocado and spread it onto the bread.
- Add some goat cheese.
- Add come tomato slices.
- Add a preferred amount of pickled onions (made from thinly slicing purple onions and adding them to a container with warm water, apple cider vinegar, and a little bit of sugar).
Health Benefits of Avocados. (n.d.). Retrieved November 05, 2020, from https://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-avocados-health-benefits
Goat Cheese: Nutrition, Benefits, and Recipe Ideas. (2018). Retrieved January 18th, 2021, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/goat-cheese