By: Neda Shahriari
Serving Size: 1
Prep Time: 30 min
We all get those sweet tooth cravings every once in a while. This recipe is an easy and healthy way to satisfy that craving with just a few ingredients. The star of this recipe is avocado. Avocados not only add creaminess, but they also provide numerous health benefits. Avocados are rich in multiple vitamins including thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. These vitamins help our bodies convert food into energy to keep us going throughout the day (WebMD, n.d.). Cacao powder introduces healthy bacteria into our guts due to the high fiber content it possesses. Fiber is great for digestion and keeping our gut bacteria diverse (WebMD, n.d.). A healthy chocolate treat that’s good for the gut? I’m sold.
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp any kind of milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Topped with: 1 strawberry, honey, ½ banana, dark chocolate chips, and chia seeds
- Combine the above ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Place the blend in a ziplock bag.
- Place the bag in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Cut a corner of the bag and squeeze into a bowl.
- Top with your toppings of choice and enjoy!
Health Benefits of Avocados. (n.d.). Retrieved November 05, 2020, from https://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-avocados-health-benefits
Health Benefits of Cacao Powder. (n.d.). Retrieved February 23, 2021, from https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-cacao-powder#1