By: Neda Shahriari
Serving Size: 2
Prep time: 20 min
Chicken shawarma is a delicacy in Lebanon that has recently become more popular in the U.S. The meat is normally sliced thin and eaten between pita bread. This modified recipe incorporates rice and veggies as well to make the delicious dish both nutritious and filling. Chicken is a great source of protein which helps our bodies repair tissues and maintain muscle mass (Link, 2020). Avocados are rich in multiple vitamins including thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. These vitamins help our bodies convert food into energy to keep us going throughout the day (WebMD, n.d.).
- Prepackaged chicken shawarma (I use the one from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 flour tortillas
- White basmati rice
- Green onion
- 1 avocado
- Place the chicken shawarma on a baking pan and place in the oven for 20 minutes at 400°F.
- Heat up two tortillas in a pan until warm.
- Make ¼ cup of basmati rice.
- Add half of an avocado and spring onion.
- Drizzle sriracha on top.
Link, R. (October 20, 2020). Is Chicken Healthy? Nutrition, Benefits, and Tips. Retrieved March 16, 2021, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/is-chicken-good-for-you
Health Benefits of Avocados. (n.d.). Retrieved November 05, 2020, from https://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-avocados-health-benefits